Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to send evidence after your PIP claim form

This advice applies to Wales

Use this template letter if you need to send the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) more supporting evidence after you've sent your PIP claim form.

When you've completed the letter, print it out and send it by post to the address you sent your PIP claim form to. If you can't find the letter with the address on, call the PIP claims helpline to find out the address.

Personal Independence Payment claim line

Telephone: 0800 917 2222
Textphone: 0800 917 7777

Relay UK - if you can't hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then 0800 917 2222

You can use Relay UK with an app or a textphone. There’s no extra charge to use it. Find out how to use Relay UK on the Relay UK website.

Video relay - if you use British Sign Language (BSL).

You can find out how to use video relay on YouTube.

Calling from abroad: +44 191 218 7766

Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm

Calls are free from mobiles and landlines.

If you haven't got a printer, your local Citizens Advice or public library should be able to help you, but you might have to pay a small charge.

Make sure you attach the evidence securely to the letter so that it doesn't go missing.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.