Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Council Tax Reduction - change in circumstance

If you're getting Council Tax Reduction, find out when you need to report things like a benefit stopping, or being away from home because you're in hospital or need to care for a sick relative.

You can also find out when you might be able to carry on getting Council Tax Reduction, even when your entitlement might otherwise have come to an end.

Changes in your circumstances

Changes you should notify the local authority about, how to report them and when the changes will take effect.

Can you get an extended reduction

Extended reductions of Council Tax Benefit after entitlement would otherwise have stopped or when moving to a different area.

Temporary absence from home

Continuing to claim Council Tax Reduction during a temporary absence from home.