Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Benefit calculators: what benefits can you get

This advice applies to Scotland

You can check if you can get benefits at your nearest Citizens Advice

You can also call 0800 085 7145 or go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau for advice from the Money Talk Team. Find out more on the Money Talk Team website.

Depending on your situation, you can also use the Turn2us,  Entitledto and Policy in Practice benefit calculators to check which benefits you can get. 

You’ll need information about savings, income, pension, childcare payments and any existing benefits (for you and your partner).

Check if you can use a benefit calculator

If you’re under 18, only the Policy in Practice calculator will work for you. 

None of the calculators will give you an accurate and detailed calculation if you're:

  • a student
  • not a British or Irish citizen
  • on strike
  • living outside the UK
  • living permanently in residential care or a nursing home
  • a prisoner

Get help with bills and budgeting

If you're trying to cut your spending or are having trouble keeping up with payments, see our advice on getting help with bills. Or you can use our budgeting tool to see exactly where your money goes each month.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?
Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.