Neidio i’r llywio Neidio i’r cynnwys Neidio i’r troedyn

Complaining about debt management plan providers

Mae’r cyngor hwn yn berthnasol i Cymru

If you've got a problem with a debt management plan (DMP) provider, you can make a complaint.

This page explains how you can complain about a DMP provider and what to do if you're not happy with the response.

Complain to the DMP provider

If you're not happy about a DMP provider, you can complain directly to the company. All DMP providers must be FCA authorised and a condition of their authorisation is that they must respond to all complaints promptly and fairly. This means you should receive a response which explains what they're going to do about your complaint within a reasonable space of time.

If you're unhappy with the DMP provider's response

If you're unhappy with the DMP provider's response to your complaint, you can make a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The FOS has official powers to sort out complaints between customers and financial services customers.

Remember that the FOS will only look at your complaint if you've already given your provider the chance to sort things out. You should only contact the FOS if you haven't been able to reach an agreement with your provider.

Next steps

A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?
Pam nad oedd y cyngor yn fuddiol?

Dywedwch fwy wrthym am pam nad oedd ein cyngor yn helpu.

A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?

Diolch i chi, cyflwynwyd eich adborth.