Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to complain about energy mis-selling

This advice applies to England

If you're having problems about how you were sold gas or electricity and you're not getting your issue dealt with, you can put your complaint in writing and request a resolution to the problem. You can contact your old or new supplier. If you're not happy and the contract was signed 14 days ago, you can get the contract cancelled with your new supplier.

This is an example letter and may not suit your specific situation.

If you need more detailed advice or guidance, contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.

Additional feedback