Position: Project Worker
Location: Church Gresley & Derby City
Closing date: 02 December 2019
Job Title: Project Support Worker
Responsible to: Project Co-ordinator
Job location: Covering offices in Church Gresley and Sinfin, as required
Salary: £17,714 per annum (pro rata)
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 18-months
Work Pattern: 18.5 - 22.5 hours per week spread over 3 days
Closing date for applications: Monday 2 December 2019
Interview date: TBC
To apply, email: staffrecruitment@
Job purpose: To help provide an effective and efficient delivery of the Living with A Long Term Condition self-management programme in Derby City and across Derbyshire
Main duties and responsibilities
• Assist the Programme Co-ordinator in delivery of the courses and ensuring that
all course resources and equipment are maintained.
• Provide support to volunteers - primary focus is Derby City but across
Derbyshire when needed.
• To identify, book and set up venues.
• Promote the LWLTC to a wide audience, including the advertisement of courses
to the wider community and sending out promotional material.
• Communicate with participants ensuring details of course and contents are
• Work with computer systems to maintain accurate data and general reports for
all aspects of the service.
• Maintain a database of past and present participants and monitor 6-monthly
• To be a first point of contact into our service and represent the organisation of
the highest standard.
Targets and performance
• To be aware of the importance of the Living with A Long Term Condition
Programme and the changes and benefits that this can make to an individual’s
life and be prepared to meet targets in order to improve access to our
• Train to be a course tutor - Level 3 accreditation from the OCN (Credit for
• Prepare for and attend supervision sessions / team meetings / staff meetings /
external meetings as appropriate.
• Uphold the aims and principles of the organisation
• Comply with all the organisation’s published policies and procedures, paying
particular attention to Health and Safety, Confidentiality, and Equal
• Comply with organisational, statutory and legislative requirements.
• Maintain regular contact with voluntary and statutory agencies.
• Undertake other such duties as may be required to ensure the effective delivery
and development of the service.
This job description provides an indication of the roles and responsibilities of the post. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of the duties. It may be re-negotiated, in consultation with staff, as the organisation develops. Some aspects of the role may be limited by the terms of a particular contract or funding.
• Good communication and listening skills
• Good team working skills
• Ability to work under set targets and adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to drive and/or willingness to work across all areas.
• Ability to use IT such as 365, word, and including the ability to input data for
• Ability to work on own initiative and willingness to improve the service by
working closely with the Project Co-ordinator.
• Work as part of a team with both paid members of staff and volunteers and
understand the difference in how both support the organisation’s objectives and
• A commitment to continuous professional development, and able to attend a 4
day training course in February 2020
• Takes ownership of meeting deadlines and targets.
• Takes ownership of delivering high quality work that adheres to Talking Health
licensing standards Understanding of and commitment to the aims and
principles of the Citizens Advice service and its equality and diversity policies.
• Adhere to the organisation’s CORE values.
• Full UK Driving License and access to own vehicle.
• Personal experience of living with and self-managing any long term health
condition or have experience of caring for someone with a long term health
• Experience of supporting a team of volunteers.
Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.